Saturday's Severe Storms
Severe storm forecast Saturday | Enlarge
- Area of concern: Lower-Mississippi Valley eastward to western/central Georgia (red shading on map to the right, click to enlarge).
- Main impacts: Large hail, spotty damaging winds and isolated tornadoes.
- Timing: Primary threat is Saturday afternoon into evening after a few morning severe storms which may contain hail or gusty winds.
- TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) values from Severe Weather Expert Dr. Greg Forbes: 5 in northern Mississippi and northern/central Alabama. 4 in south Arkansas, northern Louisiana and central Georgia.
- What is TOR:CON? Find out here