Friday, October 12, 2012

Pippa loaded!

MY FILLY WAS AMAZING AT LOADING TODAY!!!! I pulled my Pippa pony out to do some loading practice today. SHE KILLED IT! It was great to work with her in a low stress, no hurry situation, and she figured it out by herself :) For today, I took out the middle divider and opened all the head doors and side doors. She was a little anxious at first, having probably remembered how much more stressful it was last time (damn ponies are too smart and stubborn sometimes), but we just worked through it. I just perched on the edge of the opening for the side door and waited with a grain bucket as reward, and let her sort it out. About 10 minutes later, she popped on all by herself! Lots of praise, lots of shoulder scratching, and grain bucket :) I let her eat about 1/3 to 1/2 of it (just grabbed a pound or so), and then walked off. Repeated this procedure about 6 or 7 more times until she was quite comfortable just walking on and off! I am SO PROUD of my Pippa girl, and she got plenty of cookies afterward. She even managed to tolerate a fly spray lesson afterward! My Pippa pony = da bomb dot com. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment