Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Husband

The husband makes me laugh. Some days, the husband makes me want to tear my hair out (and his eyes, too), but most days he just makes me laugh :) I think every wife can understand these sentiments.

Yesterday, it was a two part day. We won't go into the details, but we'll suffice it to say that he survived the errors of his ways and made it to the next part, the fun part. On the way to dinner, he starts telling me how he thinks it would be a really great thing if we had a hundred or so acres of land and made a real working farm out of our place. He said he thought he would finally get on board with me having as many animals as I wanted. He started going on about goats, dairy cows and beef cattle, sheep, poultry and water fowl, and making our own hay. A big barn with an indoor arena, and farm hands. I couldn't help but laugh a little, but I love how my city-bred husband is so adaptable to my farm ideas. I think in order to make something like that work,  we'd have to start with either something already established or just the land and a cabin, and cultivate from there. He's cool with my gardening ideas, and supports my desire for a large tractor with a front loader.

Now if I can just talk him into however many dogs, cats, and horses I want, we'll be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment