Saturday, January 22, 2011

The weather is deceptive...

I hate winter this year more than I usually do. It wouldn't be so bad if I had an indoor arena (I miss having an indoor arena). Right now the weather in Vance and McCalla is deceptively cheery. It's bright and sunny outside, not a cloud that can be seen through my window, but it's FORTY-FREAKING-TWO DEGREES OUTSIDE and that's just not very fun riding weather. I value my digits and my nose, and like being able to feel them before, during, and after my ride, not 6 hours later after they thaw...

Yeah yeah, I know, whiny whiny, would you like some cheese with your wine, but DAMN it's cold. It's the middle of the day, and out where I'm boarding right now there are a lot of open fields. Therefore, the wind picks up, and wind + cold + frisky ponies = no bueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment