Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ivan: Roundpen 2/16/2011

This guy has been giving me trouble with downward transitions, particularly whoa and downward trot-to-walk transitions. No problems with upward transitions. However, he is showing huge improvement! Adding more decisive body language made a huge difference for Ivan. He did a couple of full stops yesterday with just my body language and a quick verbal "whoa" :)


Even better, he is improving a lot at transitions under saddle! We were able to do a downward transition to a walk off of just my seat, and from walk to halt off of JUST MY SEAT!!! I'm so thrilled with him :) Sitting a little deeper than usual plus really jamming my butt down on that cantle has really helped translate that command more clearly for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment