Friday, February 11, 2011

My pony can be a bi-otch...

Rode the prima donna black and white mare today. She must have some kind of bug up her butt today because she was UPTIGHT the whole time. Usually she's so lazy, but today she was either buddy sour or starting to come into season. Didn't want to bend, didn't want to walk, just wanted to alternate between run-walk and fast rack and was ROUGH. I finally had enough of her antics, so I decided it was time to really make her work. She kept testing to see if she could get in front of the bit, pulling hard on my hands, not yielding, wanting to go sideways instead of in circles, so I hopped off and changed her tack to put her in a surcingle and side reins. Then it turns out my nice, new side reins don't fit. I bought them in horse size, but the darn things are 42" at the tightest hole and STILL too darn big and floppy for either of my horses. Evidently these side reins are for warmblood sized horses, and mine are both cob sized. Whoopee. So, now I get to search again and see if I can order pony size perhaps. Overall, not a super productive day. I was going to ride the GO!-boy, but then Mark decided he wanted me to come home for our date, so I did, but now he's napping instead. GRRRRRrrrrrrr....

No comments:

Post a Comment